Reading ladder- 9/29/2016

Reading Ladder

September Reading Ladder

Books I have read in September

• Deliriums Trilogy by Lauren Oliver (1116 pages)deliruium-trilogy

For this trilogy I averaged about 25-35 pages a night. For the first book of the trilogy, Delirium I read

around  25 pages a night and completed the 383 pages in around 12 days. For the second novel I read it a lot quicker as I was a lot more interested in the series and wanted to find out what happens. The second novel Pandemonium, I was able to read it in around 7 days averaging about 50 pages a day.  I started the final novel Requiem after finishing Pandemonium, but it took me longer to read because I started a new novel while also reading Requiem. I finished Requiem  in early October.

• Smoke and Burn by Ellen Hopkins ( Around 1100 pages)

These were the novels that I started while also reading Requiem.  It took me the remaining 12 days of October to finish them while I was also reading Requiem. I read around 100 pages a day as these novels were told with small poems on each page.

• The Good Girl by Mary Kubica ( 384 pages)

• Stolen by Lucy Christopher (304 pages)

The reason I still have these novels listed is because I thought for the reading ladder we were suppose list novels that we have read recently. I have read these novels recently but not in the month of October.

Books I want to read:

• To Kill a Mockingbird  by Harper Lee (291 pages)

• The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (584 pages)

The reason I want to read these novels is because they deal with topics that I can relate too, racial prejudice. I am very interested in these topics too because they are stories from a different time which I love reading about.

Currently I am not reading any books right now but I do plan to find one soon.  I usually read around 20-30 pages when I sit down and read. I’ll read 7-9 more if it is a really interesting book. On average I will read around 100 -150 pages in a week. My goal is to raise that number to around 185 per a week and then keep gradually increasing that  number as time goes on.

October Reading Ladder

• The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (584)

I just started reading this novel  in October and I am about 30 pages in.

• Glass by Ellen Hopkins

I am about half way through this 688 paged novel. On average I read around 25 pages a day.

Books I want to Read for November

• Finish The Book Thief by the second week of November
  • To Kill a Mockingbird  by Harper Lee
  • Lost Girls and Love Hotels by Catherine Hanrahan

As you already know why I want to read  The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and To Kill a Mockingbird  by Harper Lee Ill tell you why I want to read Lost Girls and Love Hotels by Catherine Hanrahan. I read the synopsis for this novel and was very curious about how the story would turn out. I don’t really know a lot about the topics described and I am just curious to find out.

As you may notice my reading ladder for October is very minimum. I am very busy with other subjects and activities outside of school which made it difficult to find time to read. I believe that this is no excuse for my lack of reading and will be trying my hardest to find time to read. Reading is a huge stress reliever for me and also very helpful for my development as a writer. I am sorry for this even happening and I will not let it happen again.

November Reading Ladder

• Books that I have read/finished

This was a really great book. It described topics that I am very ignorant about such as prostitution and drug/substance abuse in a way that was not to complicated but interesting at the same time. It was a really interesting perspective to experience through Catherines’ styles of writing which is very straight to the point yet descriptive

Books that I am Currently Reading

• The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (584)

I am about half way through this novel. I started it quite long ago but I gave up on it a little bit and only read very infrequently. This is because the month of November was very busy for me with having to improve my math mark and volleyballs tryouts.I also find that my motivation to read is quite low too. I plan to become more organized and finish this novel soon and try to figure out why my motivation to read has decreased.

Books I want to read:

I want to read this book because not only is about a topic that I am very interested in but it also is a novel that we read in LA next term.